“Sweetie Vines” from WallsNeedLove.com
Color is one of the easiest and most noticeable ways you can change the look of your home. Paint just one wall in your formerly all-cream bedroom a deep sea blue or the bottom half of your soothing sage green dining room a rich chocolate brown and all of a sudden it feels like you have a brand new room.
“Circle Burst” from WallNutz.com
But sometimes painting is both not enough — just one color? no pattern? — and too much — the tools, the prep, the mess! Enter wall decals.
“Damask Too!” from WallSlicks
When wall decals first came out, it seems everyone was quoting, inspiring or pointing out the obvious in stylish ways on their walls — a bold “bath time” over the tub, a curvy “life takes you unexpected places/love brings you home” in the family room, or a pithy reminder from Dr. Seuss, “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You,” in the kids’ room.
“If You… Branches and Butterflies” by ChinStudio on Etsy
Wall decals have branched out since then — in addition to words and quotes, there is an endless variety of patterns, designs, and images available for you to affix to your wall. The best thing of all? When you’re tired of the look, all you have to do is peel it off and it’s gone. No fuss, no mess.
“Lovely Uma” from E-Glue.com
For more wall decals and ideas, check out these resources:
- E-glue — “The giant stickers for kids”
- WallWords — “Decorate with words and graphics anywhere you like”
- Etsy — “A global handmade and vintage marketplace”
- Walls Need Love — “Your room. Your canvas.”
- Dezign with a Z — “Home & office wall décor”
- WallSlicks — “Where style is born”
- Right On The Walls — “Your one-stop-shop for creative wall decals”